Friday, March 8, 2019

Peer Review Hours

 So, today, we were told to get into groups of around five people, and made to bounce ideas off of each other. Which made me realize how unformed my own ideas were. Other people are out here with whole concepts for movies, and all I know is "slasher movie with cool music". Therefore, in an attempt to talk my way out of embarrassment, I quickly came up with an idea. Which I actually kinda like. Thanks, Brain! Basically, I have envisioned something in the same vein as Scream, a subversive, irreverent take on the slasher genre. This would allow me to not adhere to the genre characteristics that I find so blase (ha) while letting me tap into the humor I originally wanted to explore. Generally, I'd like to avoid the fate of the terrible Scary Movie series, and movies like it, with hackneyed and gross out humor replacing any actual forethought or planning or hint of originality. Actually, knowing me, it's probably gonna end up that way. But, here's hoping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

  Bedtime is a horror movie with slasher elements and stars me and Murphy Rodgers. Now, before I go into the questions I need to answer, I&#...