Sunday, March 3, 2019

Subgenre

Honestly, I'm quite conflicted. There are a lot of decisions that I need to make, and soon. I need a fully developed, well researched, and professional film opening in less than 6 weeks. I can barely decide what I want for lunch (when the cafeteria has literally two choices), much less the big picture of a project I need to send all the way to England. ENGLAND! Do you know how far that is? Granted, probably much closer for you, Cambridge Grader, but nevertheless, it is more than a little nerve-wracking for me. Because, even though I've settled on horror, that doesn't help me much. Because horror is such a ridiculously wide genre that it's nearly impossible to choose. Going down a very shortened list, we have:
-Action Horror
-Body Horror
-Comedy Horror
-Holiday Horror
-Horror Adventure
-Horror Drama
-Low-Budget Horror
-Psychological Horror
-Slasher Film
-Splatter Film
-Supernatural Horror
-Horror Thriller
and, just so, so many more. So how am I supposed to narrow this down? Well, there are certain factors I need to take into account. First, how much can I, as a high school student with chronically low funds, do. That eliminates some of the genres, such as those that would require more extensive special effects, sets, and technology. Further, I need to find a genre in which I can easily portray most of the genre characteristics in the scant two minutes I have. Additionally, it needs to be something I really enjoy. At this point, I'm a senior. I'm not going to spend time on something I have no interest in, just to get a grade. Therefore, for me, the most obvious answer I see is a slasher film, due to the relatively low budget, the abundance of tropes to choose from, and the fact that it is one of my favorite subgenres of horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

  Bedtime is a horror movie with slasher elements and stars me and Murphy Rodgers. Now, before I go into the questions I need to answer, I&#...