Sunday, March 10, 2019

Script Gang

  It has come time to write, perhaps, the most important part of any production: the script. So, just like any struggling artist, I am currently holed up in my local Starbucks, my laptop in front of me, and full fat, whipped cream, caramel macchiato in my hand. And so far... I have nothing.
  Actually, weirdly enough, this is working out. Because I don't actually need a script script. Words, dialogue, it's all superfluous, not necessary if I really want to get some screams. That's because, in a horror movie, and definitely in a horror movie opening, no one needs to say anything at all. In fact, this becomes the perfect place to show off my soundtrack, my visual style, and most importantly to the slasher genre, murder. Because watching a slasher flick with no body count is like having a low-fat caramel macchiato. It's there, but its missing the oomph that makes it oh so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

  Bedtime is a horror movie with slasher elements and stars me and Murphy Rodgers. Now, before I go into the questions I need to answer, I&#...