Monday, March 18, 2019

Film School

It is time to start filming. Y'know, film. The entire thing this class has pretty much been based around? Yeah, that thing. And it's time to start filming because I finally have an idea for my movie. It's no longer a vague amalgamation of ideas and genres. It is an honest to God idea. I know, I'm in as much shock as you are. So, drum roll please, here's my big idea. So, what I'm going to do is have the film appear to start as a found footage Paranormal Activity kind of movie. The kind where the husband puts up a baby camera and finds some spooky stuff going on? In this one, a college student is complaining of unexplained noises in her hall at night. So, fancying herself a bit of a ghost hunter, she sets up her phone to record her while she sleeps, and catch any ghosties that might be lurking. Then, she goes to bed, and when the lights are all off, a dark figure crawls out from under her bed, scary but obviously an actual person. The movement I'm envisioning is almost bug-like, or like a crab crawling out of the sand. The figure stands over her and grabs a pillow to smother her with. Once he's done and her body is limp, he walks over to the phone on her desk and gets very close before turning it off. I like this idea for several reasons. It's a spin on the classic slasher format, and I like how the 'main' character thinks she's living in a different kind of horror movie, only to get a rude awakening. Or, I suppose, never waking up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

  Bedtime is a horror movie with slasher elements and stars me and Murphy Rodgers. Now, before I go into the questions I need to answer, I&#...